Academic and Tech Support Professional
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Academic and Technology Support Professional
Position #706501 - Requisition #14173
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The Academic and Technology Support Professional, a full-time, University staff (non-classified) position is a member of the Technology Support Services Division within the Office of Information Technology (OIT) for the University of Colorado Denver and Anschutz Medical Campuses. The Instructional and Computer Support IT Professional responsibilities include provision of centralized technical and logistical support of the three-part mission and the strategic goals of the Office of Information Technology. They are responsible to provide consultation and technical support for the educational applications of computer and video resources, lecture capture, and electronic media for academic, research, clinical and community programs, with priority emphasis given to degree granting programs of the schools.
This position exists to assist faculty, staff and students in the utilization of the classroom computers and electronic media, and support the educational program through the use of these technologies. This position is responsible for the installation, configuration, support and upgrades of the computers, peripherals and software used in the classrooms and conference spaces across both campuses, as well as the integration of hardware and software with other AV equipment. This position provides support and training for faculty, staff and students in the operation of classroom computing technologies. This position also provides backup support for other departmental IT and AV support functions, such as server administration, test processing, and conference setup as needed.
This position requires some occasional weekend and evening assignments as well as availability during off-hours for participation in both scheduled and unscheduled activities.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assists to ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis. Maintains availability and operations of computer resources for approximately 218 classrooms and 92 conference rooms. Updates software on classroom and staff PCs as needed.
- Assists instructors and others with computers and classroom technologies such as Lecture Capture (Panopto). Responsible to respond to incidents or requests submitted via a phone/ticket system (Cherwell, Prime Source) and escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Provides daily support operations of all PCs and related peripherals in classrooms, completes regular inspections for proper operation. Performs routine defragmentation, disk cleanup, patch installations, and administers applications such as Deep Freeze to maintain configuration standards on all classroom equipment. Diagnoses hardware failures and performs or coordinates repairs and exchanges of equipment.
- Maintains availability and functionality of Computer Resource labs (7 labs, 130 computers at the Anschutz Medical Campus) by developing and maintaining a preventive maintenance scheduling. Coordinates periodic re-imaging of PCs to ensure optimum operations. Monitors thin clients to ensure proper operation.
- Maintains functionality of TSS checkout laptops. Ensure that computers are charged and updated as required. Performs routine defragmentation, disk cleanup, patch installations.
- Researches and makes suggestions to improve processes for automating tasks, including drive defragmentation, Java and Adobe updates, verifies security patching is up-to-date, etc., via GPO (centralized computer policy management). Coordinates with Senior IT Professionals the operation and maintenance of WDS/MDT server for imaging purposes.
- Manages systems under TSS OU under ucdenver domain (active directory).
- Maintains and manages the Digital Signage systems on both campuses (approximately 34 players and 2 servers) to ensure operability. Ensures that digital signs are fully integrated with the EMS Room Scheduling system to display respective building information. Documents service expansion capabilities, recommendations and cost analysis as required. Works with TSS Director, Program Director, and other management staff to develop images for new signage ensuring that branding standards are maintained. Provide updates to signage images as required. Completes training as requested and maintains documentation of the digital signage management system operations and content upload process
- Works with other TSS IT Professionals to identify solutions to upgrade print manager plus software on servers.
- Provides back-up support for CoursEval System and Scantron Test Processing system.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
- PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
The salary range for this position has been established at $ 55,000 to $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for over-time compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field.
- One to two years' experience supporting MAC, PC and/or thin client hardware and software in an enterprise environment, including Microsoft Windows and Office suite.
- One or more years of progressive experience in information classroom technology
- A minimum of two years' experience working in Higher Education
- Prefer candidates to have their Microsoft MCP, A+, Security+ certification from CompTIA.
- A minimum of two years' experience working in Higher Education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated, self- managed, and able to adjust priorities while maintaining productivity and responding to support requests.
- Proven work experience and knowledge support computer and thin clients hardware and software, and classroom technologies integration. Hands on experience with computers and remote control software, ability to analyze the problem in a natural progression
- Knowledge and proficiency in support Microsoft Windows and Office Suite.
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team management skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications A current CV/resume List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to OIT Human Resources at ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Jul 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Marci Grant
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00706501