A&S Pre-Award Grant Administrator
Working Title: A&S Pre-Award Grant Administrator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Dean's Office, Arts and Sciences
Posting Date: 02-09-2018
The College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (A&S) is seeking a Pre Award Grant Administrator. As a newly created role, the Pre Award Grant Administrator will be joining a growing team of grant administration professionals to drive the research mission of The College. With the University of Virginia strategically investing and enhancing its research portfolio with the goal of doubling the sponsored programs base, The College is anticipating growth in grant proposal activity, as a result additional grant administration talent is vital to support this growth. In collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders, the Pre Award Grant Administrator will provide advice, guidance and expertise on proposal preparation for external funding. In addition to this responsibility, the incumbent will prepare budgets, orchestrate sponsor forms, analyze award data sets, and remain highly responsive to sponsors.
The College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences is the largest of the University of Virginia's eleven schools, offering more than 50 undergraduate majors and concentrations and more than two dozen graduate programs, The College spans the liberal arts, incorporating the social sciences, arts, humanities and sciences. The College and Graduate School of Arts and Sciences has an enrollment of over 12,000 students and nearly 750 faculty members.
- Work closely with faculty and department staff to discuss proposed grant submissions and assist in proposal budget development.
- Coordinate with other UVA schools and units to get appropriate approvals on proposals.
- Review all A&S grant proposals for budget accuracy, adherence to UVA policies, and adherence to sponsor guidelines and requirements. Gather appropriate documentation for subawards and cost share commitments. Coordinate with subaward institutions to get required information and documentation.
- Complete proposal routing forms for faculty in select departments and units.
- Coordinate with UVA's Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) pre-award personnel, and with A&S faculty and staff, to ensure proposal deadlines are met.
- Generate reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to resolve issues.
- Provide training and assist faculty and department staff with UVA and sponsor systems for proposal preparation and submission.
How to Apply:
For more information about this opportunity and how to apply, please visit http://executivesearch.virginia.edu/search/pre-award-post-award-grant-administrators. The position will remain opened until filled and the search will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted. For further information or to provide nominations, please contact Tegan Wild by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong organization and attention to detail required; ability to accurately maintain files and records.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to convey complex technical information to a generalist audience.
Knowledge of Federal Uniform Guidance and other sponsored research subject matter is required.
Knowledge of the pre-award processes of research administration is required.
Ability to generate reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to resolve issues.
Ability to work independently to support assigned areas and units, and collaboratively to support team members. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and amenable to changing priorities and assignments.
Demonstrated ability to interact with all members of the University community in a respectful and patient manner.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83851