Graduate Programs Outreach Coordinator
Job ID: 24556
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Business Graduate Programs
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I
Salary Range: $3,897/month - $6,647/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Graduate Programs Outreach Coordinator for the Lucas Graduate School of Business (LGSB) is responsible for the development and implementation of student outreach, recruitment, and Lucas School admissions for all programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- All administrative tasks related to the admission, enrollment and graduation of the MS Transportation Management (MSTM) program.
- Oversees the student outreach and marketing initiatives through the website, at the University, and throughout the community for all graduate programs.
- Assures high customer service standards, employing appropriate technologies as provided, to include a Customer Relation Management (CRM) system, for managing communications throughout the application and admissions process.
- Analyzes available data and reports for continuous improvement of marketing and outreach efforts to maximize effectiveness.
- Represents the Lucas Graduate School of Business at graduate/professional fairs throughout the Bay Area, and coordinates with Lucas Partner Schools on behalf of the Lucas School.
- Oversees the office workflow involving four full-time employees and several student assistants.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- At least 3-5 years of Enrollment experience within Higher Education, preferably within a College of Business.
- Experience with Customer Relation Management systems.
- Experience working with CSU rules and regulations regarding recruitment and admissions.
- Experience working with international rules and regulations regarding admissions.
- Experience working with advising and recruiting techniques.
- Experience working with marketing and social media techniques and tools.
- Experience in project management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Thorough knowledge of methods, procedures and practices; English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling.
Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
Working knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database management.
Ability to evaluate outreach and marketing strategies through various channels.
Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies.
Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of state, federal, CSU, and SJSU policies and procedures.
Strong oral communication skills. Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills.
Ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
May 10, 2018
Application Screening begins May 25, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046