Assistant Director of Business Operations - Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering ( A18
Assistant Director of Business Operations
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) in the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Business Operations. Reporting to the Assistant Head for Administration, this position is primarily responsible for all aspects of the Business Office including budgeting, accounting, bi-weekly payroll, purchasing, reimbursements, and post-award research administration for the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Department's Business Office staff including hiring, training and development, performance reviews, coaching, system development, and process improvement.
- Make decisions, assume responsibilities, and interpret policy, and otherwise act for the Assistant Head in his or her absence.
- Attend department, college, and campus meetings. In absence of Assistant Head, attend College of Engineering Business Administrator Group meetings.
- Approve financial transactions in various systems (TEM, I-Buy, Banner Purchase Orders, Timesheets) after reviewing for accuracy, completeness, policy compliance, and allowability.
- Develop, maintain, and improve efficiency of business systems and processes within the Business Office.
- Serve as Department's P-Card Manager, T-card Manager, and Unit Security Contact.
- Oversee requests for audit information and documentation and address findings and make recommendations within areas of authority during audits.
- Accurately complete annual Activity Reporting System to document the faculty meettheir cost share obligations.
- Direct Department-level research operations administration. Oversee and coordinate responses related to Post-Award information and compliance requests.
- Serve as back-up support to Business Office staff in the preparation and submission of routine and complex proposals to various sponsors. This includes reviewing and interpreting sponsor regulations and guidelines, as well as University policies and procedures for submission and ensuring all requirements are met.
- Manage State, Indirect Cost Recovery, Self-Supporting, Endowment and Gift funds for department including scholarship, fellowship, and professorship funds.
- Request and process REU and other departmental award payments (other than scholarships) and apply to student accounts.
- Act as liaison with University administrative offices such as the Office of Business and Financial Services and Sponsored Programs Administration.
- Assume additional appropriate related business duties to further the mission of the department.
Bachelor's in accounting, business, or administartion
- Minimum 3-5 yeras of management experience involving Grant and Contract management and/or fiscal management.
- Direct experience and knowledge of University of Illinois business and accounting systems, as well as business processes.
- Knowledge and experience working with multiple sources of funds, including state, federal, gift, self-supporting or institutional.
- Excellent written/oral communications, interpersonal and team skills are essential.
- Ability to interact effectively with faculty, students, staff, alumni, and other stakeholders
- Supervision experience
Master's degree in accounting, business, or administration
University management experience
Preferred Training, Licenses or Certifications:
Illinois Certified Research Administrator
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three professional references as a single pdf file by July 16, 2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed prior to then; however, no hiring decision will be made until after the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Iffat Moin at [email protected] or 217-300-4076.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Title: Assistant Director of Business Operations - Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering ( A1800427 )
Open Date: 07/02/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Civil and Environmental Eng