Director of Athletics Compliance
Director of Athletics Compliance
Athletic Program Director
Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Occasional Overtime
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Director of Athletics Compliance to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Oversees the day-to-day compliance activities to meet NCAA, Conference USA, and University of North Texas requirements.
* Also assists the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance in drafting and submitting waivers and violations to the Conference USA office and the NCAA, when appropriate.
* Provide supervision to coordinators, interns and student assistants.
* Directs, addresses, and follows up on eligibility records for recruits and student-athletes which involves evaluating high school transcripts, processing transfer evaluations to admissions, contacting the NCAA Eligibility Center, and preparing official visit requests according to North Texas, NCAA and Conference USA rules.
* Provides coaches with regular updates on eligibility status of incoming student-athletes.
* In the absence of the Senior Associate AD for Compliance, articulates and interprets complex issues for internal and external constituents.
* Maintains student-athlete records within the athletic department, PeopleSoft, ACS, NCAA Eligibility Center and Compliance Assistant (CA) database.
* Prepare and review of Squad Lists according to NCAA rules.
* Monitors contact and evaluation logs, recruiting person days, official visit approvals, meals and entertainment forms, unofficial visits, declared playing seasons and CARA logs using ACS.
* Administers annual coaches' certification exam.
* Monitors participation awards, occasional meals, camps and clinics.
* Directs the process for on campus recruiting visits and communications with future and current student-athletes, parents, and guardians.
* Directs eligibility process of all student-athletes in accordance with UNT, Conference USA and NCAA regulations.
* Serves as a member of the UNT Athletics Compliance Team and UNT Student-Athlete Certification Team.
* Serves as a liaison with Admissions, Registrar's Office, and CUSA. May assist with communication to Financial Aid Office, Housing and Dining Services, Student Accounting and International Student Services.
* Assists with preparation of Grants-in-Aid, National Letters of Intent and UNT Letters of Intent as needed.
* Researches NCAA rules and provide coaches and staff with interpretations. Work within Conference USA and NCAA to obtain official rules interpretations as needed.
* Manages completion of transfer releases for currently enrolled students-athletes; develops communication tools for coaches and student-athletes during transfer request process.
* Works with various university departments accurately completing all tasks associated with NCAA rules compliance and procedures.
* Assists with gameday duties in the areas of student-guest tickets and recruiting activities to include ticket office operations.
* Assists with Financial Aid activities to include scholarship projections, facilitation of payments on student accounts, stipend processing, and COA.
* Directs the creation, updating, and distributing of the UNT Compliance Manual and Student-Athlete Handbook; works with the business office on any financial/policy/process changes.
* Directs the maintenance of UNT Compliance website in conjunction with communications staff.
* Creates and coordinates UNT's rules education program for coaches, staff, student-athletes and other internal and external constituents as supervised by Senior Associate AD for Compliance.
* Assists in NCAA, Conference USA and institutional reporting, including but not limited to, academic progress rate (APR) and sports sponsorship as needed.
* Works to uphold the integrity of the NCAA, Conference USA and Athletic Department's mission and core values.
* Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in in related field and three years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting