University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Advancement
Position #750092 - Requisition 14171
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Development Associate position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
This Development Associate position will develop and implement fundraising strategies and activities to carry forward the mission and vision of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. This position will be part of the new Patient Engagement program to educate, inspire and partner with patients seen at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital.
Examples of Work Performed:
Benefactor/Prospect Contact: 75% time
- Thanks supporters within 1 week of their gift through phone calls, personal emails and notecards.
- Identifies supporters who want to learn more and could be potential prospects for major giving and planned gifts
- Provides pro-active cultivation and stewardship to mid-level benefactors via birthday cards, updates on breakthroughs and determine interest
- Partners with Development Officers, Stewardship, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, and Patient Coordinated Services to learn and assist with the development cycle and moves management.
- Manages all requests by patient and donors receiving mail and email
- Documents all communication with patients and benefactors through contact reports
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of institutional priorities, academic programs and centers of excellence in order to translate these assets into compelling funding opportunities and align them with funders' interests.
- Compiles materials regarding research breakthroughs and exciting opportunities to be able to educate and inspire benefactors in their area of interest
- Assists Office of Advancement in ensuring HIPAA compliance
- Represents the University at events in order to support the University and cultivate donors.
Marketing Functions: 25% time
- Coordinate ongoing mailings and emails to new patients and supporters by working with the database team and vendors.
- Run reports using Advance database and Salesforce to measure success of marketing efforts
- Learn best practices for fundraising marketing.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $47,196 to $55,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Four (4) years of experience with fundraising, direct mail marketing or customer service.
Substitution: Education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Professional experience working in non-profit, events and/or development/fundraising.
- Professional experience calling donors or customers.
- Experience with print or digital marketing production.
- Experience using donor database software such as Advance, Salesforce or a similar software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proven knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet software, email and internet access software.
- Proven data entry skills with ability to input information accurately; prepare and maintain detailed records, files and reports on an ongoing basis.
- Solid knowledge of database management.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 27, 2018. Those who do not apply by July 27th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21560 - ADM-EVC Foundation Anschutz
Posting Date: Jul 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00750092