Storekeeper I - Central Services (99748)
Central Stores - Facilities and Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees in this series perform and/or supervise duties related to the receipt, record keeping, care, and issuance of supplies from storerooms. A Storekeeper I typically:
- Receives, loads/unloads, and counts stock items, and records data; counts, grades, or weighs articles
- Checks incoming orders against items listed on requisitions, invoices, or other forms
- Packs and unpacks items to be stocked in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards; stores items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas; stores supplies in bins, on the floor, or on shelves, depending on the nature of the articles, in a location and position convenient for removal when needed
- Periodically verifies inventory computations' accuracy by comparing them to physical counts of stock, investigates discrepancies and adjusts errors
- Marks stock items with identifying codes, figures, or letters when required using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment
- Cleans or maintains supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, and reports damage to supervisors
- Fills orders from requisitions or issues supplies and stock to students, faculty, and staff
For more information about this classification:
This Storekeeper I position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $18.98 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Storekeeper I. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Central Stores
Category: 7-Service Operations
Title: Storekeeper I - Central Services (99748)
Open Date: 07/13/2018
Close Date: 07/18/2018
Organization Name: FandS Campus Svcs Stores and Receiving