Business Office Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$40,674 - $57,650
Under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Business Operations, serve as a Business Office Coordinator for the Intercollegiate Athletics Control Unit. Responsible for compliance with NCAA and Big West Conference travel and purchasing rules and standards. Implement travel and purchasing procedures according to NCAA, Big West Conference, and University rules and regulations. Responsible for processing travel, purchasing and accounts payable as assigned by the Director of Business Operations. Coordinates office accounting services by processing purchase orders, payment to vendors, reimbursements to employees, and travel advances. Processes a large volume of requisitions for a variety of materials, athletic supplies, furniture and equipment. Assist with department accounting functions including fiscal closing and responding to auditor's requests for documentation. Additional hours required during year-end closing.
Two years of experience working in a professional administrative office or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Recent purchasing, travel and/or accounting experience.
Experience in accessing and retrieving data from financial systems using PC and web based applications and tools.
Demonstrated skills using PC software applications such as Excel, Word, and Access and the ability to use standard office equipment such as keyboard, calculator, fax, copier, scanner, etc.
Ability to initiate and maintain a variety of filing systems to maintain accurate records.
Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a highly diverse organization.
Experience in developing and maintaining data bases, creating spreadsheets and preparing reports MS Word and Excel or comparable software.
Bachelor's degree and progressive professional level experience in collegiate athletics and/or private industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working in higher education and/or a Division I Athletics Business Office.
Proven ability to interpret, apply, and explain policies, procedures, rules, guidelines and regulations related to purchasing and accounting functions.
Demonstrated strong time management and organization skills.
Strong communication (oral and written) skills and the ability to prepare written reports on purchasing practices.
Demonstrated working knowledge of UC/UCR accounting, travel, entertainment and purchasing policies and procedures.
Skill in identifying the customer's perspective and maintaining a commitment to excellence in customer service.
Demonstrated working knowledge of UCRFS, iTravel, eBuy, ePay, Web Recharge, Fleet Services, and other UCR systems.
Completion of campus purchasing assistants training program and travel training programs.
Working knowledge of NCAA regulations.
Experience with query tools to extract data from databases.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview