Associate Software Engineer/ Software Engineer/ Sr. Software Engineer
Job Category: Academic Professional Academic Professional
Description: University of Illinois System
Administrative Information Technology Services
Associate Software Engineer/ Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer
Administrative Information Technology Services (AITS) at the University of Illinois System is seeks a Software Engineers to provide web, batch, and mobile applications in the areas of student services, finance, human resources, facilities, research administration and system integrations. AITS offers flexible work hours, telecommuting opportunities, and a collaborative work environment. Duties include:
1. Perform system analysis, design, development and unit testing of batch, mobile and web applications with technologies such as Java, .Net, Cold Fusion, iOS Development Suite, Android Development Suite, etc.
2. Troubleshoot and maintain existing applications, including bug fixes, routine maintenance, mandated maintenance, functional issues, and performance issues.
3. Develop applications utilizing sound security practices and techniques.
4. Develop applications utilizing sound accessibility practices and techniques.
5. Participate in technical information sharing opportunities with fellow project team members.
6. Provide estimates for various development tasks.
7. Communicate ideas, requirements, application behavior, and design concepts through written and verbal communications.
8. Ability to learn new skills, technical concepts, and be part of a team environment.
9. For Senior Software Engineer level, must research, evaluate, and incorporate new technology and tools to enhance the development process; make technical recommendations based on best practices; participate in the establishment, review, and enforcement of application development standards and procedures.
Candidate must possess a bachelor's degree in a technical field. Other bachelor's degrees will be considered if coupled with technical experience. Must have a minimum of one-year software development experience including coursework and training for Associate Software Engineer level, minimum of three years' experience for Software Engineer level, and minimum of six years' experience for Senior Software Engineer level. Other requirements include: Demonstrated experience using an Object-Oriented language to develop integrations or batch, web, and mobile applications; working knowledge of relational database concepts including structured queries using SQL; experience with markup languages such as HTML or XML; strong analysis and troubleshooting skills; excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Preferred candidates will possess: Knowledge of Java Messaging Service (JMS) principles and coding; knowledge of Web Service standards (SOAP, REST, WSDL, etc.) and coding; knowledge of AJAX principles and coding; experience with Oracle or MS SQL databases; experience with Higher education; knowledge of User experience (UX) design principles.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by June 12, 2018 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The system office conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
System Human Resource Services
The system office is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The system offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Close Date: 06/12/2018