Communication Services Supervisor
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $99,900
The Communication Services Manager will oversee the operational and health of the telecommunications environment including but not limited to: Voice over IP (VoIP), Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS), Universal Media Gateway (UMG), Private Branch Exchange (PBX), voicemail, video\audio conferencing. This role manages local and remote telephony operations and service levels for data, voice. Develops and implements standards, procedures, and processes for the communication services group. Manages telecommunications planning to include project plans for the implementation of new telecommunications technology and systems. Directs technical analysis of complex software, hardware, and transmission systems to ensure network performance, and reliability. The Communication Services Supervisor is also responsible for the supervision of the team of Data/Voice Analyst within Campus Network and Communication Services Division and coordination of their assignments. This position will develop and implement training plans for the their direct reports. Deep telecommunication and customer service management experience, as well as a proven track-record of effective vendor management are critical to the success of this position. The Communication Services Supervisor applies both technical and business knowledge to perform highly complex tasks including workload management for the Data/Voice Analyst team; project and work effort resource planning; service delivery planning to ensure the successful delivery of critical communication services. This role has a high level of awareness of current industry trends and understanding of telephony technologies. This position also works with ITS customers to ensure that customer needs are being addressed.
Knowledge of own area of functional responsibility.
Able to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
Technical knowledge and skills associated with communications and networking systems.
Ability to gather, organize, and prioritize work assignments, with guidance.
Working knowledge of Public Switch Telephone Network (PSTN) , Wide Area Network (WAN), Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Primary Rate Interfaces (PRI) solutions.
Demonstrated experience to identify problems and implement network/telephony solutions.
Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure and application problems in a complex environment. Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis.
Ability to work as a team player and provide technical support as required.
Have a comprehensive telephony background and thorough understanding of Voice over IP (VOIP), & Quality of Service (QoS).
Working knowledge to sustain excellent call quality, implement system optimizations and troubleshooting all telephony system across higher education institutions.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview