Office Coordinator, Housing Operations
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The GW Housing Office is GW's Administrative housing office serving all students in their on-campus housing needs and their summer housing needs. GW Housing seeks an Office Coordinator, Housing Operations to manage the logistics daily office operations including, but not limited to, supervision of student staff employees, assisting with human resources functions, timekeeping, staff training, as well as handling student, parent, and guest questions and concerns.
Reporting to the Associate Director, GW Housing, the Office Coordinator Housing Operations will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee student staff hiring, scheduling, training, and supervision for GW Housing. Manage onboarding for professional staff.
- Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation between all university and external stakeholders and vendors.
- Maintain inventory for equipment, supply, and technology needs.
- Serves as the primary interface between GW Housing and student employment.
- Works with the operations team to identify and document operational needs and issues from partner offices, interface with appropriate service areas to address those needs and issues, and ensure resolution and follow-up as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for GW Housing - coordinate and/or assist with assigned projects, including scheduling, event and meeting management, and communications.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned, including participating in and supporting GW Housing special events and activities, representing GW Housing at university-wide events and activities.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Flexibility with time management.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities from multiple sources.
- Technical skills to include familiarity with or exposure to RMS, Microsoft Office (including Access) and/or similar database and housing assignment-specific software.
- Supervision experience, particularly with students.
- Prior experience or exposure to budgetary, financial and human resources matters.
- Prior administrative or office management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong customer service skills of all types of interactions student staff have with GW customers.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Division of Student Affairs Family Administration Sub-Family General Office Support Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007430 Job Open Date: 07/13/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter