Assistant Coach, Men's and Women's Swimming
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation, an NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, actively engages our students, our campus community, our alumni and our fans through the spirit of healthy living and competition. Located in the heart of our nation's capital, this world-class university aspires to have a world-class athletics and recreation program. We are committed to building and sustaining a program that mirrors the overall excellence of the university, by providing students an unparalleled opportunity for achievement and engaging the larger community as we grow and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
Reporting to the Head Coach for Swimming, the Assistant Coach of Swimming will support the program by performing the following:
- Assists in team coaching, preparing team for competition, and individual student-athlete development. Assists in monitoring academic, social, and personal development of men's and women's swimming student-athletes.
- Assists in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student-athletes for the men's and women's swimming program.
- Assists in the coordination of team and individual travel for the purpose of team competition and student-athlete recruitment, to include traveling with the team to away competitions.
- Assists in promoting and developing the program by creating and maintaining effective relationships with alumni, donors, and community members. Participates in events as a representative of the department and men's and women's swimming program.
- Maintains knowledge and remains current regarding all appropriate NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference, Department of Athletics and Recreation, and University compliance issues, policies, and procedures.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC but will require significant travel for games and events. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 1 year of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in coaching swimming at an NCAA institution (preferably Division 1)
- Experience with fiscal management and daily operations of an intercollegiate athletics department preferred.
- Strong organizational, management and communications skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Athletics and Recreation Family Athletics Sub-Family Coaching Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday (many evenings and weekends as necessary) Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit, Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007433 Job Open Date: 07/13/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter