Department: Police N/C
Location: KeyBank Public Safety Training Center
Reports To: Director, Police Academy
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req39
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: PT106-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Hours will depend on program needs.
Must be certified by the Motorcycle Ohio Program to conduct, at a minimum
the Basic Rider Course.
- Works under the direction of the Coordinator of the Public Safety Institute,
Law Enforcement Advanced Training to plan, coordinate and direct the
maintenance activities of the Motorcycle Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have successfully completed the Instructor Preparatory Training and be certified by the Ohio Department of Public Safety Motorcycle Ohio Program. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or general education diploma (GED) is required
- Five years of relevant work experience in basic motorcycle mechanics/logistics is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers and employees of the organization.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- A valid Ohio Drivers License with motorcycle endorsement is required and
approval from the State of Ohio Motorcycle Program.
- Associate's Degree
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.