The Grafton Facilities Department is responsible for the maintenance of Tufts University's 100+ million dollar investment on the Grafton, Massachusetts and Woodstock, Connecticut campuses. Tufts' Grafton campus consists of 585 acres and 49 buildings, comprising 450,000 square feet of space used for education in veterinary medicine and other related fields, as well as research. The Facilities Department supports 390 students and 550 employees in other departments. Facilities provides campus support services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Employee is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the heat, air conditioning, and other system equipment at the Grafton Campus. Work involves highly skilled maintenance, repair, installation and renovation work on heat, as well as some air conditioning, refrigeration, climate and air quality controls. Some minor electrical wiring and/or device and/or control wiring should be expected. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor consistent with the upkeep, maintenance and/or safety requirements for this position.
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Massachusetts Refrigeration License; valid Drivers License; must have sheet metal workers license or obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge of computers in a Windows environment. Familiarity with Maximo or Facilities Management software.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Must be capable of installing, repairing, inspecting, replacing and maintaining the heating, HVAC, refrigeration, filtering and control equipment and systems.
- Johnson Metasys and/or TAC Andover Controls knowledge a plus.
- Must understand the proper use of the appropriate mechanical and electronic testing devices.
- Willing to make daily operating decisions and take appropriate action in emergencies.
- Good housekeeping practices in the areas of responsibility are necessary.
- Ability to procure and store repair and maintenance parts, tools, filters and supplies.
- Will make observations for improvements in maintenance procedures, scheduling, and parts requirements.
- Ability to be self-directed when working alone or be cooperative when working with others.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Normal 40 hr week is Tuesday thru Saturday 8:30am to 5:00pm. Some OT should be expected. Some emergency call-ins are likely. Hourly rates, and OT pay subject to Union agreement.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Grafton
Organization: Facilities Services - Grafton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 2:45:32 PM