SBIR Technical Program Manager
Job no: 494511
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Deans Office/College Engineer
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Jul 13 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The UMass Lowell Research Institute is currently seeking qualified candidates to serve as Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Technical Program Manager that will support the SBIR program for the UMass SBIR Center of Excellence, located in Lincoln, MA. This position requires a detailed awareness of the DoD, DA, NSF, DHS, NIH, STTR, UARC, FFRDCs, and SBIR programs.
This position will be located at Lincoln, MA. supporting the University of Massachusetts-Lowell Research Institute (UML RI).
This position is contingent upon funding.
Business Unit Profile:
UMass Lowell Research Institute delivers innovative technology solutions through matching our core competencies to the most challenging Department of Defense requirements. Our expertise across multiple engineering and science disciplines to include networks, coding, cyber, robotics, AI, plastics, and flexible electronics allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our defense customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern problems. At the UML RI we are creating an agile and creative space, thinking differently to continue providing our country with cutting edge technology and maintain our nation's competitive advantage in defense to meet the warfighter's requirements. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
1) Coordinate and facilitate the generation of candidate SBIR topics, and their refinement during the DoD and primary defense department Call for Topics and reviews; Coordinate draft and final UML RI inputs to SBIR and ensure that all approved topics are delivered in a timely manner using specified format; Coordinate with DoD and potential offerors during the pre-solicitation and open solicitation periods; Distribute Phase I and Phase II proposals to assigned evaluators in a timely manner, coordinate proposal reviews and coordinate procurement data package development; Coordinate submission of procurement data packages and monitor contract award actions
2) Collect, update, maintain, report, and automate all relevant SBIR/STTR information required to accomplish program management objectives, internal program assessment and external reporting; Provide conference support, including assuring display and handout materials are shipped and positioned on site and return all materials in good condition; Design, develop and deliver multi-media materials, including brochures, pamphlets, briefings, information papers, websites and other informational products; Assist with RIF packages (to include approvals, coordination, funding, distribution, etc.); Follows up on requirement packages needing revisions, changes, modifications, etc.; Prepares responses to data calls and tasking requiring compilation of project data; Maintains open communication and visibility with the customer; Tracks the status of CRADAs in the process workflow; Participates in CRADA telephone conferences/meetings.
3) Provide support for Information Tracking and Reporting; Program Outreach; Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF); Cooperative Research Development and Agreements (CRADAs); Office Administration; Update weekly SBIR Cycle Status and Schedule to reflect all SBIR cycles that UML RI participates in and includes a projection of tasks for the upcoming two (2) month period; Prepare and distribute programmatic guidance to UML RI participants.
4) Prepares all appropriate documents for staffing SBIR, STTR, RIF, and CRADA requirements; Reviews all Step1 and Joint work statement; Performs update to the CRADA database as needed
5) Understanding of the Massachusetts Defense Industry landscape and knowledge of the Manufacturing Institutes located throughout the Commonwealth; TRAVEL will be required at times
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree in technical field with at least 7 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in contemporary business computer tools (spreadsheets, databases, word processing, presentations, and graphics) is essential (MS Office Suite preferred)
- Skilled in operating MS-Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Access
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Eligible for Security Clearance
- ‘Given the nature and responsibilities of the position, only U.S. persons (any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)) will be considered for this position.'
- Master's degree in technical field with at least 10 years relevant experience in DoD
- Direct involvement in SBIR phase I, II, and III to commercialization
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Work location: Lincoln, MA
*THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON GRANT AWARD and FUNDING. A Secret Security Clearance eligibility is REQUIRED*
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.