Staff - Painter (2)
Staff - Painter (2)
Min Salary: $18,241.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 8/5/2018
General Statement of Job:
The Painter is responsible for mixing, matching, and applying paint to various surfaces, completing touchups, and coordinating large painting projects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
- Repairs and/or replaces defective wall surfaces.
- Scrapes, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
- Fills cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Prepares walls for taping, floating, texturing and painting in a professional manner and with appropriate applications.
- Prepares equipment and furniture for painting in appropriate and professional manner.
- Cleans all equipment, including brushes and spray guns.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Uses the college’s work order system (CMMS) to note time spent and the work performed relative to specific work request.
- Prepares work order material by pulling from stock to meet technical and trade requirements.
- Adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least three (3) years of related work experience in the painting field required.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/10605