Staff - Administrative Assistant
Staff - Administrative Assistant
Location: Pecan Plaza
Min Salary: $25,480.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 7/29/2018
General Statement of Job:
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Chief Administrator for Department of Public Safety and Regional Center for Public Safety Excellence and office staff by performing the following essential duties and other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support and assistance.
- Facilitates communications, plans and follows-up on administrative matters.
- Processes administrative and clerical affairs.
- Assists with compiling, typing and tracking reports, as directed.
- Coordinates projects/reports with other departments and divisions.
- Manages and/or monitors multiple projects and coordinated tasks, with some weekend and evening work required to meet strict deadlines.
- Handles inquiries and exercises sound judgment in referral of inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Seeks to solve problems, address concerns, and plans ahead with great attention given to customer service, project quality, and exact detail.
- Assists with annual budget development and subsequent preparation, including but not limited to monitoring budget, tracking of requisitions and purchase orders, and processing reconciliations.
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Coordinates and processes travel arrangements, authorizations/vouchers, mileage reimbursements, and applicable forms.
- Conducts inventory on all department’s assets and office supplies, as needed.
- Coordinates office schedule (e.g. trainings and/or retreats).
- Prepares payroll documentation, as needed.
- Assists with interdepartmental projects, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree, a minimum of 60 college hours, or sixteen (16) years of relevant experience required.
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a professional work setting required.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/10629