Staff - Cook I
Staff - Cook I
Min Salary: $18,241.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 7/24/2018
General Statement of Job:
The Cook prepares food for consumption in school cafeteria. Responsible for setting up work station and ensuring all utensils and materials are clean and ready for use.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooks food in production quantities.
- Stores received inventory.
- Gathers ingredients.
- Weigh and measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Operates standard food service kitchen equipment.
- Cleans work area and utensils; maintains sanitation standards in accordance with the Texas Department of Health.
- Inspects equipment for cleanliness and functional operation.
- Uses technical cooking skill and knowledge to ensure the finished products meets culinary standards.
- Performs cooking duties with other workers.
- Assembles the orders that are received.
- Follows departmental procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least one (1) year of related experience, preferred.
- Experience in large scale food production, preferred.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Food Handler certification required or must be obtained within one (1) month of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/10566