Staff - Network Services Analyst I
Staff - Network Services Analyst I
Min Salary: $35,000.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 7/24/2018
General Statement of Job:
The Network Services Analyst I performs upgrades and maintenance on network and telecommunication equipment, operating system software and security patches. Monitors network performance for all campuses and schedules hardware replacements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and technical support to network services specialists.
- Assists in the installation, maintenance and repair of local and wide area networks and VoIP applications and systems.
- Assists in the management, installation, configuration, and maintenance of network servers and software.
- Recommends network related solutions.
- Troubleshoots and resolves network, VoIP and VPN related issues.
- Analyzes and performs firewall changes and maintains the integrity of the firewalls.
- Monitors systems to oversee firewall and network performance including connectivity issues, bottlenecks, and security threats.
- Performs installation, maintenance and repair of routers, switches, wireless access points, VoIP phones and other related equipment.
- Maintains and performs routine backups of network management servers and network equipment configurations.
- Supports a 24×7 network infrastructure in collaboration with the Information Technology department.
- Responsible for providing a continuation of service delivery and continuous point of contact for service users and staff alike outside of normal office working hours.
- Performs inventory of Information Technology network property and assets.
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in networking systems, communications and security.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Maintenance, Networking, or Information Technology related field required.
- At least three (3) years of work experience in networking required.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Current Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification required or must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/10617