Staff - Floor Technician
Staff - Floor Technician
Min Salary: $18,241.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 7/22/2018
General Statement of Job:
The Floor Technician performs various floor maintenance functions in accordance with department standard techniques and procedures throughout the college district.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and comprehensive floor maintenance of assigned facilities.
- Secures and unlocks facilities.
- Operates various types of equipment used for floor care maintenance including automatic scrubbers, floor machines, wet/dry vacuums, vacuums, sweepers, pressure wash equipment and carpet extractors.
- Provides daily preventive equipment maintenance on all equipment used.
- Dust mops, cleans floors; strips, refinishes, scrubs and/or recoats floors; machine scrubs floors according to floor maintenance schedules.
- Ensures the quality and completion of floor work.
- Provides input regarding chemicals, supplies, cleaning tools and equipment condition.
- May be required to adjust alignment of squeeze blade, replacement of squeeze blade, hose replacement, and clearing of clogged hoses.
- Tags equipment for major repairs, and advises supervisor.
- Maintains inventory and submits written requests for supplies; tests and evaluates new supplies and equipment.
- Adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Assists with Custodian duties, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least one (1) year of experience in floor cleaning operations, preferred.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/10603