Staff - Custodian (2)
Staff - Custodian (2)
Min Salary: $18,241.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 7/18/2018
General Statement of Job:
The Custodian performs a wide variety of custodial duties in order to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and comprehensive custodial maintenance of assigned facilities.
- Secures and unlocks facilities.
- Cleans and disinfects all campus facilities (restrooms, offices, classrooms, labs, hallways and child care center); stocks facilities with paper and supplies.
- Vacuums and spot cleans carpets and furniture; sweeps and mops tile floors.
- Cleans marker boards, desktops, windows, doors and walls.
- Collects and removes trash in accordance with established procedures.
- Reports and responds to emergency calls for custodial assistance; reports security
and maintenance concerns.
- Identifies stains and uses proper chemicals for removal.
- Adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Maintains inventory and submits written requests for supplies; tests and evaluates new supplies and equipment.
- Moves and assembles furniture.
- Sets up for special events as directed by Custodial Manager or Lead Custodian.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least one (1) year of experience in custodial operations, preferred.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/10588