Program Coordinator for Advancement
Whatcom Community College invites applications for a full time, classified Program Coordinator (Class Code 107N) in the Advancement division. The Program Coordinator is the primary administrative support and operations coordination position for the division of Advancement. Under general direction, this position performs work using knowledge and experience specific to the program, exercising independent judgment in interpreting and applying rules and regulations, advising staff, program participants and/or the public regarding program content, policies, procedures and activities. The Program Coordinator provides customer service and support for the Communications and Marketing Department and the WCC Foundation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as receptionist and performs a variety of clerical duties such as: receives visitors and answers phone lines with a high standard of professionalism; requests print bids; prepares purchase orders; updates website; maintains calendars; prepare agendas; schedules meetings, appointments, and room usage; and coordinates refreshments, catering and transportation, as needed.
- Inputs information into database and bookkeeping software in accordance with established guidelines, running basic financial reports and executing queries from the database as requested.
- Maintains and monitors the Advancement division budget.
- Provides confidential data entry, ensuring that all entries are coded correctly according to campaign, purpose, gift amount, and any restrictions or reporting requirements that may apply.
- Prepares correspondence, including acknowledgement letters and updates mailings lists as needed.
- Assists with bookkeeping duties including posting batches to the general ledger and reconciling on a monthly basis.
- Supports Foundation board and committee meetings and Communications and Marketing meetings by assisting with preparation of materials, coordinating room scheduling and setup, and preparing and keeping meeting minute records.
- Supports the division of Advancement's events on and off campus; helps with set up and strike of event spaces, day-of logistics, check in processes, and provides guidance to volunteers and guests.
- Coordinates the day to day operations of WCC Foundation's scholarship program. Includes outreach, detailed financial tracking, and working with students and departments to ensure that required materials are submitted and tracked appropriately.
- Performs complex word processing and spreadsheet tasks including mail merging, sorting and tables, integrating text and graphics and spreadsheet and database files.
- Supports marketing initiatives, including tracking projects and media coverage.
- Performs additional duties as required.
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- High school graduation or equivalent and 2 years of experience in similar position, or
- Equivalent education/experience
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive data.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with ability to act in a mature and professional manner with campus partners, donors, and volunteers.
- PC proficiency, and experience with word-processing and spreadsheets required.
- Experience using Quickbooks software for bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and investment principles is desirable.
- Experience using donor management software, such as DonorPerfect, for data entry and/or gift processing.
- Associate Degree and/or BA/BS preferred, plus 2 years of administrative support experience in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Salary and Benefits:
- Range 37, full-time salary starting at $2,707 per month with periodic increments to $3,505 per month. Benefits include life, health, dental and long-term disability insurance, state retirement plan, vacation and sick leave and holiday pay.
- August 15th, 2018 or as soon as can be arranged with the successful candidate.
Shift and Working Conditions:
- Position's shift is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Indoor office environment with many interruptions and deadlines. May have extended hours sitting at the workstation. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Application Due Date:
- Applications due on July 25th, 2018 at 4:59 pm.