Graduate Assistant (Staff), Academic Catalogs
With the guidance of one or more staff or faculty members, perform a mixture of services in support of communication, technology, business operations or student affairs activities as more than 50% of their service.
The Staff Graduate Assistant receives a stipend and tuition waiver subject to federal tax.
The Graduate Assistant will assist in the maintenance of the University's academic catalogs and curriculum development.
Specifically, the Graduate Assistant will:
- Support the Course and Program Development Office in the preparation of University catalog materials and implementation of authorized curriculum changes.
- Monitor and respond to course and program development e-mail accounts.
- Support the Course and Program Development Office with administering Curriculog, the University's online curriculum development system.
- Develop presentations and training materials in support of curriculum development.
- Submit EMU program updates for Michigan Talent Connect/Michigan Works, as needed.
- Assist the Manager, Program and Catalog Operations with other duties as assigned.
Strong communication skills (written and oral) to work individually and within groups.
Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills are required.
Strong computer skills
Must be detail-oriented and able to manage time effectively.
Must be organized.
Ability to work up to 10 hours per week is required.
GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
Admission and enrollment in a EMU graduate program is required.
Maintenance of a 67% course completion is required.
Enrollment in at least 6 credits for Fall and Winter semesters is required.
Letter of Admission to Eastern Michigan University Graduate School
This is a 50% GA appointment