Executive Director for Institutional Research and Registrar
The Academic Affairs division at Austin College invites applications for the position of Executive Director for Institutional Research and Registrar. Minimum qualifications are a Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited University. Five years of administrative experience in higher education to include: data collection, access, analysis, and usage for evidence based improvement, and directing multiple functions, programs, and or activities. Three years of exempt level supervisory experience.
Responsible for directing the Registrar's Office to include maintaining students' records of enrollment and academic work accomplished; and, directs Institutional Research to include research and providing the appropriate support for planning, assessment, and goal attainment of the college. Supports institutional decision-making, policy-making, strategic planning, and outcomes assessment by collecting, analyzing, and reporting on a wide variety of institutional data and provides extensive support across divisional boundaries to the president, student affairs, institutional enrollment, business affairs, and institutional advancement. Performs the essential functions personally, through others, or in collaboration with designated personnel or departments.
- Coordinates external reporting (IPEDS, ICUT, and HEDS reports); prepares reports, disseminates reports for completion by appropriate offices, monitors reporting deadlines
- Provides appropriate support to the research and assessment effort of the college
- Oversees the annual collection and dissemination of the assessment and evaluation reports, such as teaching evaluations
- Provides support through research on issues that impact the goals of the college
- Completes special assignments as designated by the president and vice president for academic affairs
- Develops and oversees updates to the college's statistical profile (i.e., fact book)
- Performs the function of Registrar by: evaluating courses taken elsewhere for transfer credit, reviews prioritized admissions applications as directed, registering students, scheduling classes, recording grades and credits earned, monitoring students' eligibility for enrollment, certifying completion of degree requirements, maintaining a permanent academic record of each student, and responding to requests for information
- Oversees international student services, including federal and state reporting and compliance, such as SEVIS
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the college's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include overseeing the budget, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Other Job Function Statement(s)
Complete job posting with job description and application instructions: http://www.austincollege.edu/executive-director-for-institutional-research-and-registrar/
Austin College is a leading national independent liberal arts college located north of Dallas in Sherman, Texas. Founded in 1849, making it the oldest institution of higher education in Texas operating under original charter and name, the college is related by covenant to the Presbyterian Church (USA). Recognized nationally for academic excellence in the areas of international education, pre-professional training, and leadership studies, Austin College is one of 40 schools profiled in Loren Pope’s influential book Colleges That Change Lives.
Austin College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants. Candidates must be legally authorized to work without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Apply for Executive Director for Institutional Research and Registrar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly