Mental Health Counselor/Psychologist
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide individual, couple and group counseling to students. Responsibilities also include providing consultation to students, faculty, staff and parents as well as providing training and education for various campus groups.
1. Provide individual, couple and group counseling to students.
2. Provide crisis/emergency intervention and psychological consultation.
3. Facilitate referrals to appropriate community resources and agencies.
4. Maintain client records and perform case management duties.
5. Provide consultation to students, faculty, staff and parents on issues related to mental health.
6. Provide training/education on mental health related topics for various campus groups.
7. Initiate creative programming and counseling service options to meet student mental health needs.
Concordia College has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates whose professional preparation and/or personal experiences have included working with diverse populations and will contribute to this commitment.
This is a full-time, 9-month position.
1. Master’s Degree in counseling, counselor education, counseling psychology or closely related field.
2. Fully licensed (independent or unsupervised) in Minnesota. LPC, LPCC, LP, LICSW or other applicable license.
3. Ability to relate effectively with college students as well as faculty and staff.
4. Ability to work with sensitivity, fairness and objectivity.
5. Strong interest in and commitment to nurturing and advancing college student development and growth.
6. Ability to work independently as well as ability to build and maintain professional working relationships across campus and with off campus providers.
7. Commitment to diversity and inclusion and ability to work with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills
1. Earned doctorate in counseling, counselor education, counseling psychology or closely related field.
2. Degree from a CACREP-accredited or other accredited program.
3. Experience working in a college counseling setting.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://hr.cord.edu/postings/4465. Concordia College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Criminal background check required.