Assistant Coach, Football
Assistant Coach, Football
Posting Number: R0001305
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Position Summary:Performs a variety of duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach.
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Coach include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
1. Assists the Head Coach in the planning, development, and execution of all programs and activities within the incumbent's designated sport.
2. Assists the Head Coach in the execution of practices, games, and other competitive and training programs and events.
3. Assists the Head Coach in the teaching of principles and techniques to students involved in the incumbent's designated sport. Assists the Head Coach in the holistic development of the students.
4. Recruits qualified student athletes to the University.
1. Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Director of Athletics.
Work involves routine situations as the incumbent performs a variety of duties and responsibilities in the University's athletic efforts. Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to exchange information with others both inside and outside the University and may have an impact upon the University' reputation. May require exposure to adverse environmental conditions such as noise, extreme temperatures, inclement weather, and other adversities as the incumbent performs duties and responsibilities in both an indoor and outdoor setting. Will require travel due to varied locations of athletic events.
1. Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions of the position. A Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required.
2. Experience as college player and coach is preferred.
3. Must possess a current driver's license valid in the state of Oregon and a driving record insurable by the University's insurer.
4. Thorough knowledge of all applicable NCAA Div. III, and Conference rules as they apply to the activities and programs within the incumbent's designated sport.
5. Knowledge of objectives and rules of football.
6. Knowledge of and ability to use a variety of software applications.
7. Ability to plan, organize, and implement special programs related to the University's programs and operations.
8. Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
9. Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse colleagues, students, and community members.
10. Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate instructions pertaining to athletic matters in both a classroom and an athletic coaching setting.
11. Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to, regular standing, sitting, and being mobile; frequent walking, running, and reaching; occasional throwing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying weights up to 100 lbs.; continual talking and hearing both in person and on the telephone; frequent keyboarding; regular seeing; and all other activities required to perform essential functions.
12. Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
13. Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Assistant-Coach--Football_R0001305
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.