Are you interested in research and data analysis? Does working for schools, colleges, and universities at all levels appeal to you? Do you like working with data to gather insights and make decisions? Do you work well in a team environment?
What we want you to do
Maguire Associates is looking for Analysts who will help our clients succeed. This is a full-time position where you’ll use your research and data skills in a range of assignments that support our two main business lines, which include research-based consulting and predictive modeling. To be more specific, here are some of the things that you’ll do:
- Help design and analyze custom research that provides insight on stakeholder perceptions and needs
- Create statistical models that help colleges and universities decide how to spend millions of dollars in financial aid in order to meet their enrollment goals
- Design predictive models to help institutions understand the factors that predict student application, enrollment, and retention
- Refine and shape data files to maximize their ability to answer research questions
- Use secondary data to advise colleges and universities with new academic program offerings
- Talk to clients and advise them on research insights and strategy
Who you are
You are someone who has interests in education, quantitative research, and statistical methods.
- Master’s preferred in social science or another field where data analysis has been an important part of your education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and quantitative statistics packages like SPSS, SAS, or R; or knowledge of any programming language
- Experience with multivariate data analysis, such as multiple regression, logistic regression, or machine learning algorithms
What to do next
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, tell us how you’ve used research to test a hypothesis or inform a decision. Maguire Associates offers competitive compensation and employee benefits, and is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.