Duties: Catalyst @ Penn GSE connects people and ideas across diverse constituencies to develop innovative ways to address persistent and emerging problems in education. Building upon Penn GSE's history of leadership in education, Catalyst is both a collection of unique programs and a facilitator within and beyond the University. Throughout its work, Catalyst combines education, business, and technology to embrace an ongoing process of generating, testing, adapting, and disseminating best practices. Catalyst's new and established programs cut across sectors to serve educators, entrepreneurs, researchers, policymakers, investors, business leaders, and others with a stake in education's power to create opportunity for all learners.
The Program Manager will have the primary responsibilities of managing the implementation of a set of programs and services as well as establishing a network across the broad variety of stakeholders with who we collaborate to make that happen. This individual will work collaboratively in order to expand our tradition of innovation at GSE through Catalyst. In addition, the Program Manager will also manage the physical office we have renovated to serve as a creative, flexible and productive space. The Program Manager will report to Michael Golden, Executive Director of Catalyst.
* Work with the Executive Director and others to implement and manage a series of innovative programs, services and processes in areas that meet Catalyst's strategic priorities
* Help establish and manage a network of stakeholders with whom we partner to empower the education entrepreneurial ecosystem to tackle the pressing problems of education practice
* Develop comprehensive project plans and track project performance and budget to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals through measured returns and outcomes
* Develop and manage a programmatic plan of events, workshops and functions for the Catalyst space along with marketing plans, usage guidelines and technology upgrades
* Manage research to understand and measure the effectiveness of this pilot incubator work space to inform courtyard innovation building
* Keep current on the latest trends on ed tech, entrepreneurship, incubation in education, teaching and learning, and the future of learning
Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's preferred.
* Practical project management knowledge and experience
* Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
* Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
* Ability to build consensus across diverse stakeholders
* Adaptability and ability to tolerate ambiguity
* Experience developing and managing programming for a center/ lab space
* Knowledge of and passion for the education and entrepreneurial ecosystems
Reference Number: 32-29361
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Center for Academic Innovation
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration