DIRECTOR, INNOVATIVE PROGRAMS
Duties: Catalyst @ Penn GSE connects people and ideas across diverse constituencies to develop innovative ways to address persistent and emerging problems in education. Building upon Penn GSE's history of leadership in education, Catalyst is both a collection of unique programs and a facilitator within and beyond the University. Throughout its work, Catalyst combines education, business, and technology to embrace an ongoing process of generating, testing, adapting, and disseminating best practices. Catalyst's new and established programs cut across sectors to serve educators, entrepreneurs, researchers, policymakers, investors, business leaders, and others with a stake in education's power to create opportunity for all learners.
The Director, Innovative Programs will have primary responsibility to identify and incubate new programs in Catalyst. This effort will include working across diverse stakeholders and establishing business relationships with a variety of organizations. This individual will be fundamental in helping Catalyst grow to another level with a clear focus on helping the Executive Director build a strong portfolio of effective programs along with a cadre of strategic partners, sponsors, and collaborators with whom to expand our influence and impact.
* Work with the Executive Director and others to identify, incubate, roll out and grow new programs in areas that meet Catalyst's strategic priorities and maintain GSE as an innovation leader
* Build stakeholder engagement across diverse constituents in support of these initiatives, both internal to GSE and Penn and external. Understand the needs of these partners and design solutions to address them
* Establish strong partnerships with a variety of aligned organizations, sponsorships to support the work, collaborative agreements to build capacity to implement the work broadly and drive thought leadership
* Manage the portfolio of current and future certificate programs and ensure they are positioned to be institutionalized
* Develop familiarity with areas of expertise in faculty research to match with needs of clients
* Analyze and report on the successful completion of short and long-term goals through measured returns and outcomes for these programs
Qualifications: A bachelor's degree and 5-7 years relevant experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree strongly preferred.
* Track record of developing education innovations on time and budget that meet/exceed expected outcomes
* Passion for and experience in identifying new business ideas and partnerships in education environments
* Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
* Superior communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate information clearly and concisely with senior executives and faculty
* Skills to understand and propose products and solutions by focusing on client requirements
* Team player with capabilities to manage diverse stakeholder priorities toward consensus
* High energy, results orientation and creativity
Reference Number: 32-29360
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration