This position will be hired to do prospective student recruitment and admissions counseling in the for the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. Position plan and implements recruiting and outreach to prospective undergraduate students by conducting high school visitations, at college fairs, and other programs to counsel, guide, and direct students to make application to the University.
- Position implements recruiting and outreach to prospective undergraduate students by conducting high school visitations to counsel, guide, and direct students to make application to the University.
- Position will represent the University at targeted high schools; college fairs (both national and regional); specialized recruitment events for prospective students, families, and high school counselors; and other University activities related to the goal of the position.
- Monthly reporting requirements include detail of number of students contacted, progress made, and any other applicable information related to the goal of the position.
- Director, or other campus personnel, may travel with employee for training and evaluative purposes.
- Publicly speak to individuals or groups regarding the University and its programs. Refer requests from the public for information to other campus departments.
- Communicate academic advising information to current and prospective students.
- Participate in admissions counseling.
- Engage in pro-active relations with the public by resolving patron issues and concerns.
- Provide academic advising to prospective and current students.
- Motivate prospective students to make application to the University.
- Participate in marketing the strengths of the University to prospective students, their parents, and the community through public presentations.
- Develop presentations to explain registration process and academic advising to prospective and current students.
- Develop relationships with targeted high schools and high school counselors for future prospective student recruitment efforts.
- Develop relationships with targeted community colleges for future prospective student recruitment efforts.
- Recruiting for the University requires an understanding of University of Colorado Colorado Springs policies and procedures. Position must also be highly familiar with University practices and offerings for prospective students.
- Position must demonstrate a high level of competency in public relations and communication to be able to adapt to the needs of various environments and situations encountered during visitations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in business communication, English, history, education, languages, sociology, psychology, philosophy, anthropology, or degree related to the field of Student Affairs.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a student employee or 2 years of professional experience in an Office of Admissions or student services unit
- Valid driver's license issued by a state within the United States.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by July 26, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40361 - VCAF Admissions
Posting Date: Jul 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Cheya Lacroix
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00400639