University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Patient Navigator/Receptionist (Administrative Assistant II)
Position #00749451 - Requisition 14163
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
College of Nursing, Sheridan Health Services has an opening for a part-time University Staff (unclassified) Patient Navigator/Receptionist position.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a Patient Navigator/ Receptionist for a part-time (0.6 FTE), benefits-eligible position within its federally qualified community health center, Sheridan Health Services (SHS), in Denver, CO. This position will primarily provide care coordination, identify and reduce barriers to care, and provide referrals to necessary resources to improve HPV vaccine rates. This position will also provide front desk clinic coverage on an as-needed basis within an integrated care delivery model including primary care, behavioral health care and dental services
Sheridan Health Services (SHS) is a multi-site, nurse-managed federally qualified community health center, funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Primary Healthcare; and is a collaborative effort between the College of Nursing and the Sheridan School District. There are now ~40 employees at two convenient locations to serve community health needs primarily for residents of Sheridan, Englewood, and North Littleton. A school-based clinic is located in the Sheridan School District Administration building. The community health center is located in southwest Denver on the Fort Logan campus and provides services to adults and children. Services offered include primary care across the lifespan; prenatal and postpartum, gynecology, dentistry, pharmacy, behavioral health, and outpatient substance abuse treatment. We extend the reach of the clinic through public health outreach where nursing students provide community outreach, health education, and home visitation services. Nursing.ucdenver.edu/Sheridan
Examples of Work Performed:
- Establishes rapport and therapeutic relationship with patients
- Orients patients to the HPV vaccination program
- Follows workflow to improve vaccination rates
- Uses knowledge of patient's cultural, ethnic, religious and social system to develop and revise care/action plan
- Identifies and assists patients in reducing barriers to care and implementing and adhering to plan
- Arranges follow-up as indicated
- Communicates client plans and concerns to healthcare providers
- Collects and provides monthly data to immunization funders and partners. Data must be accurate, complete and timely.
- Refer and assist patients in accessing needed resources to meet identified needs (including medication assistance, transportation, behavioral and substance abuse treatment, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Answers phone calls and schedules appointments for both clinic locations
- Upholds strict compliance with University, College of Nursing and Sheridan Health Services professional policies and procedures
- Collects payments from patients for services provided and makes change where needed
- Reconciles change bank daily and submits daily deposit and deposit reconciliation report
- Inputs patient demographic and insurance data into the electronic health record system
- Completes patient registration paperwork for health and financial purposes, as needed
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods
- Scans medical records or makes copies of records as needed
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $34,068 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of general clerical experience
- Six months experience using an electronic health record system
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working in a community health setting with a diverse population
- Experience with public and private health insurance plans
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees throughout the workplace
- Outstanding customer service skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer competency with basic Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Ensure patient privacy and confidentiality within regulatory guidelines
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: [Rod DeVriendt, [email protected]]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 19, 2018. Those who do not apply by July 19, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Jul 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rod DeVriendt
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00749451