VETERINARY FLEX TECH CCU/ER
JOB NO.: 104907-FTF
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Department: VET M/CCU-ANESTH-ER/CCU
Categories: Animal Care, Veterinary Medicine
Employment Class: University Staff-Fixed Term Finite
Position Vacancy ID: 104907
Working Title: VETERINARY FLEX TECH CCU/ER
Official Title: VETERINARY TECH 3(35303) or VETERINARY TECH 2(35302) or VETERINARY TECH 1(35301)
Hiring Department: A878150-SCHOOL OF VET MEDICINE/CCU-ANESTH-ER/CCU
Term: This is a Terminal appointment
This is an advanced level position requiring extensive technical knowledge and skill, independence of action and cooperative team effort to meet the operational/ instructional needs of the Critical Care Unit and Emergency Services of the UW Veterinary Care (UWVC). This is a flex position to include coverage to the unit based on operational needs which includes but is not limited to day, night, weekends and holidays. Position responsibilities require the individual to demonstrate initiative and the ability to make independent discretionary judgments that can affect the quality/outcome of animal life. Requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. independently and physical and manual dexterity to perform specialized technical tasks. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1) Oversees and assures that high quality nursing care is administered and maintained in the primary care of animal patients.
2) Participates in instruction of veterinary students and training of veterinary technicians.
3) Monitors veterinary student participation in daily receiving schedules, initiates changes and lends assistance when needed.
4) Assists supervisor in problem solving activities and administrative tasks.
5) Participates and understands the importance of working as a team member within the hospital structure (i.e. communication with supervisors and faculty for enhancing productivity and quality patient care).
6) Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate proposed ideas and solutions.
The work is performed under general direction.
Certification as Wisconsin Veterinary Technician or Eligibility to Obtain
Saturday 6:30am-6:30pm in ER and remaining hours are flexible depending on the needs of the department.
May include day or night shift and may include a limited number of on-call hours.
Work schedule is made 2 weeks in advance.
Position is posted 60% to 90% FTE.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the 'Apply Now' button. You will be asked to upload a current resume and cover letter briefly describing your qualifications relevant to the position. You will also be asked to provide contact information for three (3) references, including at least one current or former supervisor.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: May 18 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jun 1 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time