Senior Data Analyst
Working Title: Senior Data Analyst
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 07-12-2018
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia is seeking a highly skilled individual to be a Senior Data Analyst. The incumbent is responsible for providing complex data analytics and project management support to the Department.
The Senior Data Analyst supports efforts to ensure that data standards are developed and maintained. The incumbent collects, compiles, analyzes, summarizes data, and prepares complex reports needed to support the administrative, financial, quality assurance, and other activities in the Department.
The incumbent also oversees complex projects, develops project schedules, and determines/acquires resources needed.
A Bachelor's degree in business, project management, healthcare, or related field is required. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Qualified candidates must have at least three years of experience. A Master's Degree in business administration, project management, healthcare, or related field is preferred and may be combined with the candidate's experience to meet the three years of experience requirement.
In addition, qualified candidates must be proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), and must have strong skills/experience in working with database systems.
This is a restricted position and is contingent on the continuation of future funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate and apply information and provide advice.
2. Working knowledge of data management. Ability to analyze and present information.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Ability to clearly articulate specific information.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Provide direct support to leaders, as needed. Complete tasks without immediate supervision.
5. Proficient in computer applications, working knowledge of various database and software programs. Can interpret information and apply to daily work.
6. Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85026