Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The Events team at the Milken Institute School of Public Health is seeking an Event Planner. The Event Planner with report to the Director of Events.
• Assist and contribute to the coordination of all aspects of conferences, meetings and events (pre-planning, onsite execution and post event wrap up).
• Assists with the scheduling and booking of event space.
• Provide coordination and project management to ensure event success.
• Maintain database of event contacts.
• Coordinates event details such as meeting room setup, attendees experience and onsite client management.
• Post-event details such as surveys and processing of final invoices.
• Update and maintain master calendar of events
• Coordinate event logistics, including floor plans, facilities requests, registration, attendee tracking and maintaining lists for events.
• Serve as the liaison for student public health organizations, student ambassadors and event volunteers.
• Assist with administrative duties including correspondence processing, creation of event binders, briefing documents, contracts and other administrative functions for each event.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office,
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills
• Customer Service Oriented
• Effective Time Management
• Ability to multi-task
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Comm, Mktg & Media Sub-Family Events Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007424 Job Open Date: 07/12/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter