Account Technician II (2 positions) - Kinesiology / Engineering Shared Admin Services (99645)
Account Technician II (2 Positions)
Kinesiology & Community Health / Engineering Shared Administrative Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level perform highly complex duties that require independent judgment and initiative, an extensive knowledge of bookkeeping procedures, and a working knowledge of accounting principles and practices. The employees work under general supervision of a designated supervisor.
An Account Technician II typically -
1. reviews invoices and statements, verifying information, ensuring funds are available, and, if questionable, resolving with submitting unit, determining accounts involved, coding transactions, and processing material for application in the accounting system
2. performs difficult coding where judgment, based on advanced knowledge, must be applied and/or serves as a resource for other staff
3. posts financial information to journals, registers, ledgers, and other related records; makes adjustments, prepares trial balances, and reconciles accounts
4. audits ledgers and accounts maintained by others
5. researches and prepares stop payments
6. prepares, or assists in preparing, financial statements or reports (such as cash flow, cash receipts and disbursement, sales, transfers, or accounts receivable)
7. reconciles reports from outside agencies and operating units by contacting units and researching causes of discrepancies and taking action to ensure that accounts agree
8. composes correspondence requiring knowledge of departmental procedures, practices, and policies and the interpretation of such
9. provides standard interpretations of travel regulations, CUSAS coding, and other procedures
1. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
(a) work experience performing duties comparable to the next lower level of this series
(b) college course work in accounting
(c) college course work in any curriculum
that totals 1.0 unit according to the following conversion rates:
2 years of "a" = 1.0 unit
9 semester hours of "b" = 1.0 unit
90 semester hours in "c" = 1.0 unit
Amounts of experience and training less than those listed above should be converted to decimal equivalents of 1.0 unit and added together when computing combinations of the different types of preparation.
For more information about this classification:
These two Account Technician II positions are 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service positions. The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $17.868 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Account Technician II. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Kinesiology / Engineering Shared Admin Svcs
Category: 3-Administrative Support
Title: Account Technician II (2 positions) - Kinesiology / Engineering Shared Admin Services (99645)
Open Date: 07/12/2018
Close Date: 07/17/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations