Registrar - 165001
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Registrar's Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of student academic records, as well as handles state and federal reporting.
The Registrar Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Registrar Specialist to join our team.
The incumbent will maintain and update permanent academic records of current and former students by processing name and grade changes, tuition rebate applications, excess hours appeals, Academic Fresh Start requests, special title updates, and suspension waivers. The Registrar's Specialist will post evaluated nontraditional, federation, and transfer credit to students' academic records and will calculate and correct academic status as appropriate.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with records subpoenas, grade reporting, end of semester processing, and the coordination of study abroad credit.
* Provide exceptional customer service while performing clerical and receptionist duties involving proper handling of phone calls, visitors, and answering general questions regarding all Student Services in the Office of the Registrar.
* Assist with the training and supervision of part-time student staff.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess Associate's Degree and one year of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing.
* Ability to evaluate facts or situation to route calls/customers appropriately.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Basic MS Office skills.
* Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers, filing and recordkeeping, English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation and basic math.
* Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional
* Quality customer service skills, responsible, dependable, and professional.
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Dedication to customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate services.
* Flexibility to change tasks quickly.
* Bachelor's Degree.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting