Senior Academic & Business Director
Senior Academic & Business Director
GSBS-Dean's Office - 302000
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences prepares graduates for careers as researchers, educators, and healthcare professionals through innovative training and research. The school offers both M.S. and Ph.D. programs.
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Senior Academic & Business Director to join our team.
The Senior Academic & Business Director is a key advisor to the Dean of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) in all areas involving administration and finance. This position serves as the Chief Administrative/Financial Officer for the school. The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of duties required to maintain operational and project budgets and accounting functions. These duties include purchasing, financial planning, annual planning and budget development and their related administrative functions. In addition, this position works collaboratively with Human Resources, Payroll, and other service departments within the UNT Health Science Center that provide support to the ongoing business operations of GSBS. The Senior Academic & Business Director will serve as a liaison between GSBS and the Finance Office in support of all financial activities and goals, and with the Office of Contract Administration in regard to all required agreements.
Representative tasks include but are not limited to:
* Participate in and support strategic long-term financial planning efforts to ensure financial resources are available to achieve academic objectives and goals.
* Prepare projections and business models as needed.
* Oversee all fiscal affairs of GSBS, including preparation, implementation and management of the operating and capital budgets.
* Oversee allocation of resources to meet the school's mission and needs. Monitor cash flows and expenditure plans, fund management, and grants and contracts management.
* Assist in developing responses and assuring compliance with external and internal audits, as well as monitoring expenditures in accordance with Institutional fiscal policy and State fiscal rules, where applicable.
Develop and maintain appropriate system of internal controls, as well as fiscal policies.
* Executive management skills with demonstrated understanding of project management principles, time management, and organizational principles.
* Proven capability to juggle multiple priorities; strong ability to delegate responsibility and to ensure timely follow-through with implementation.
* Ability to effectively manage complex resource allocation issues. Must be able to translate complex resource allocation issues into lay terms and effectively articulate Institutional implications to a wide range of audiences and constituencies.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, plan initiatives and communicate results to executives.
* Ability to review business operations and make recommendations to improve and/or streamline processes.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Healthcare Administration from a four-year college or university and Seven years experience in the same or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's degree in Business Administration or other related field, along with five years of executive level financial management experience.
* Experience in academic health science center or higher education setting.
* Experience including preparation of financial reports and management of operating and capital budgets.
* Demonstrated success in leading the development, management and communication of complex financial reports and budgets in a collaborative environment.
* Experience in grant management.
* Current Certified Public Accountant license.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Sr Academic & Business Dir
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled