Assistant Varsity Coach, Women's Tennis - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics ( A1800445 )
~~NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Assistant Varsity Coach - Women's Tennis
12 Month, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under direction of the head coach, assist in all areas relating to the operation of the women's tennis program
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assistant Coach will be responsible for the following:
1. Assist with identification, evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes to the University of Illinois.
2. Assist in all areas as they relate to operation of the tennis program including pre-season, post-season training, practice and competition.
3. Possess public speaking skills essential for the promotion of the athletic program to the University community.
4. Work compatibly and cooperatively with the staff and personnel in the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics.
5. Represent University at national, state, and local professional organization events.
6. Knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
Bachelor's degree in sports management, kinesiology, recreation or related field required
High moral and ethical standards required. Excellent interpersonal and individual skills in dealing with players required.
Extensive experience in competing internationally and collegiately as both a player and a coach preferred.
Proven ability to identify, recruit, and develop highly skilled student athletes preferred.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible after closing date.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received on or before July 17, 2018. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, names of three references and proof of academic credentials. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Evan Clark, Head Women's Tennis Coach, [email protected]
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: 5-Education and Student Services
Title: Assistant Varsity Coach, Women's Tennis - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics ( A1800445 )
Open Date: 07/10/2018
Close Date: 07/17/2018
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics