Job Description Summary
The Email Specialist works directly with the Email Marketing Manager and Enrollment Marketing teams on the creation and execution of all email marketing campaigns. The email specialist is a technically experienced writer who can develop content that returns high levels of user engagement, increased visitor traffic to website, increased deliverability, and meets key performance metrics. This individual will drive our email marketing strategy and execution, primarily focused in engaging our customers throughout their life cycle. This highly organized, motivated, and detail-oriented individual is responsible for creating HTML and text based emails view-able across multiple devices and executing email deployment to our existing prospective students list.
Duties and Tasks:
- Build, optimize, code, analyze, report, track, create and/or design templates, calls-to-action, and scale effective email marketing campaigns across multiple devices.
- Design segmented lists, track email open and engagement rates.
- Manage the email campaign calendar to ensure that regularly-scheduled drops are completed on schedule.
- Create, test and/or troubleshoot issues with email deliverability, triggered sends, landing pages, subject lines, email creative, overall email optimization, and a/b split testing.
- Measure and report (daily, weekly, monthly) performance of all email marketing campaigns, and asses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Bring new ideas for content creation and design that help drive email marketing for qualified leads to email marketing team and improve customer conversion rates.
- Support the marketing budget and reporting processes, while being able to demonstrate ROI of email programs and initiatives.
- Formulate recommendations to capitalize on identified email trends.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 3+ years email marketing experience.
- Experience executing and optimizing email (digital) marketing programs.
- Possess experience reporting and analyzing data.
- Proficiency in SalesForce and Pardot email marketing and automation.
- Work effectively within CRM systems.
- Effectively edit content and adjust based on analytics.
- Motivation to work effectively in a creative and collaborative environment and offer innovative. contributions to overall email marketing goals.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.