Finance Systems & Operations Senior Analyst
Job ID: 24636
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt II
Salary Range: $4,693/month - $8,002/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Finance Support, this positions duties range from policy implementation to security coordination to documentation. The incumbents responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Finance systems security coordination; Common Financial System (CFS) configuration change control and documentation; support and training to Finance staff and the campus community for all Finance applications, including CFS, CFS Data Warehouse, Financial Transaction Services (FTS), and On Base imaging system; Finance Connect customer service; and regularly scheduled monthly and year-end processing and coordination. Also included are special tasks, projects and assignments in support of the Finance Service Group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and execute monthly/annual FIRMS/GAAP processes, communicating results to appropriate Accounting staff; submit reports to CSU system wide office.
- Assist in the coordination of Finance staff for testing of Finance system upgrades and maintenance packs, and the development of upgrade project plans, documenting test results and maintaining test scripts for audit purposes.
- Assist Finance management with audit reviews and responses.
- Develop and maintain documentation and business process guides for Finance Support; develop and deliver training to internal Finance staff and campus customers.
- Functional system support for Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Asset Management, Budget Office, and Bursars Office.
- Develop internal Finance system roles based on department responsibilities; build, implement and maintain roles and associated permission lists in financial system.
- Consult Finance management to identify appropriate system access for staff; assign and modify roles as needed; ensure appropriate segregation of duties is upheld.
- Develop system roles for campus department users; build, implement and maintain roles in financial system. Review and obtain approval of system access annually.
- Develop and maintain change control procedures to assure all changes to CFS configuration are approved by the manager in charge. Maintain documentation.
- Respond to audit questions regarding change control procedures
- Oversee testing of changes to configuration
- Request changes to production once tested ticket to CFS
- Assist with system upgrades related to configuration changes and testing - (Testing scripts and project plans)
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent training and four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Information Systems or related field of study, or equivalent work experience with higher education finance systems.
- Experience with Oracle/People Soft Finance 9.2 or above, including creating queries.
- Experience using web development tools.
- Experience testing new or upgraded software/application functionality.
- Experience conducting various presentations/training sessions.
- Experience in the California State University system.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to organize and plan work and projects while handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to understand and trouble-shoot Finance systems issues.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring attention to detail.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PC tools including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience with web development and content management tools.
- Knowledge of the CSU Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) and ability to implement guidelines related to website accessibility.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of financial business processes and basic accounting principles.
- Comprehensive understanding, use and knowledge of CFS, FTS, CFS Data Warehouse and On Base.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of CFS security roles, permission lists and user preferences.
- Knowledge of CFS Financial reports.
- Specific knowledge and training regarding CFS Supplier ID setup.
July 12, 2018
Application Screening begins August 6, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a driminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046