Associate Athletic Director, Operations
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation, an NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, actively engages our students, our campus community, our alumni and our fans through the spirit of healthy living and competition. Located in the heart of our nation's capital, this world-class university aspires to have a world-class athletics and recreation program. We are committed to building and sustaining a program that mirrors the overall excellence of the university, by providing students an unparalleled opportunity for achievement and engaging the larger community as we grow and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Administration, the Associate Athletics Director for Operations is responsible for supporting the Senior Associate AD with policy development, budget, and personnel management of varies internal areas as well as serving as the Sports Administrator for several sports programs. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for the following:
- Partners with the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Administration to execute the evaluation of measurable outcomes for the strategic plan for the Department.
- Leads regular evaluation of current policies, procedures and practices for accomplishing strategic and operational objectives.
- Serves on Senior Staff to help develop specific policy recommendations for changes and updates as necessary and partners with Athletics Director to implement.
- As designated by supervisor, serves as a liaison to HR, Enrollment and the Student Experience, Office of the General Counsel, Office of the Provost, among others, to manage all Department of Athletics processes and collaborative initiatives associated with these service areas.
- Partners with HR Service provider to assist with recruitment, onboarding, training and personnel management of all department staff.
- Coordinates diversity education initiatives for all constituents of department, including students, staff, and coaches.
- Leads staff and student committee charged with designing and implementing education and training in the program areas including: organizational culture, leadership, and diversity initiatives.
- Partners with the Title IX Office to ensure Athletic Department policies and practices support the University's commitment of maintaining an educational environment free from sexual- or gender-based discrimination.
- Oversees departmental interaction with Enrollment and the Student Experience regarding all student discipline issues.
- Is responsible for maintaining compliance with appropriate NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference (and other affiliated conferences), and University policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Serves as Sport Administrator for designated teams to provide leadership and guidance to coaching staff in carrying out administration of sport programs.
- Serves on committees locally, regionally and nationally where appropriate.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC but may require significant domestic travel for games and events. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 8 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 6 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience creating and implementing workforce and student inclusion strategies and program
- Experience developing metrics for assessment of diversity and inclusion programs
- Experience developing and implementing organizational policies and procedures - including personnel related procedures such as departmental onboarding + off-boarding processes
- Experience teaching leadership development and organization culture programs
- Experience with Title IX related subject matter and situations
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Athletics and Recreation Family Athletics Sub-Family Athletics Administration Stream Management Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm as well as nights and weekends as necessary Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status.
- In order to gain a better understanding of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of “2014 – 2015,” it should include “April 2014 – January 2015” or similar information.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter