Assistant Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Assistant Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations
Development - 7010620
Cover Letter, Resume, Writing Samples
The Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for supporting and managing the creation of private funding proposals targeted to GGC's philanthropic priorities, as well as supporting and managing acknowledgments, reports, site visits, and collateral for donor cultivation and stewardship. This position will play an integral role in developing and maintaining related processes and infrastructure in Corporate & Foundation Relations The Assistant Director will report to the Executive Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations. The AD will work directly with staff across GGC's Office of Development and with project leads in ad-hoc collaborations with other campus units to support the development of carefully researched and crafted proposals for both corporations and foundations. Working with faculty, the AD will assist with framing current programs and activities as fundable requests and will help with adapting academic writing for external audiences.
- Research philanthropic interests and capacity of corporations, private foundations and organizations and maintain a schedule of potential opportunities, deadlines, and projected submissions.
- With awareness of institutional funding priorities, identify and research fundable programs, events, and projects.
- Support the preparation of compelling and persuasive proposals, with associated budgets, to private foundations, corporations and other organizations in collaboration with the identified project lead. This may include serving as lead author, refining messaging, providing substantive editorial support, proofreading, and/or providing baseline review comments.
- Engage in active collaboration with staff in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs in the development and alignment of proposal-related processes, including the pre- and post-submission awards and management.
- Provide support for Development initiatives to inform, educate, and engage with institutional leadership, faculty, and staff regarding private funding initiatives.
- Support the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive system of donor acknowledgment and stewardship reporting, including establishment and maintenance of reporting protocols and processes.
- Collaborate in the development of gift acknowledgment and procedures that maximize personalization and efficiency.
- Collaborate to compose donor-centered press releases, magazine features, blog posts, development collateral, and other pieces as assigned.
- Assist with the coordination and tracking of corporate engagement throughout the college in support of the goal of furthering mutually beneficial relations with corporations.
- Other tasks as assigned in support of Corporate and Foundation Relations or Advancement as required.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in Development, Higher Education, Communications, or related fields
- Demonstrated professional expertise in research, writing and editing. (Candidates will be expected to provide a selection of relevant writing samples).
- Strong computer literacy and organizational skills
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines, handle diverse assignments, and juggle competing priorities
- High degree of attention to detail and strong proofreading ability
- Strong research skills using the internet and other tools of the Development profession
- High degree of professionalism, decorum and public-speaking ability
- Proven impeccable confidentiality
- Graduate Degree
- Evidence of quantitative analytical skills
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or other databases
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications
- Familiarity with social media for business communication and project management tools
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
This position raises funds for both Georgia Gwinnett College and secondarily for the Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation. Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Lifting - up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing)
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).