Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-12-2018
The mission of Campus Recreation is to enhance the quality of life of our unique members by educating and encouraging the active participation in recreational opportunities that develop leadership skills, foster social interaction and reinforce healthy behaviors.
This position is responsible for the daily operation of Fitness Program and will be responsible for the planning, programming, publicizing, and administering the Group Fitness and/or Personal Training Programs. The position is responsible for training and mentoring group fitness instructors and personal trainers and may supervise 1 graduate assistant.
1. Bachelor's Degree in a field relevant to the position (e.g., Kinesiology, Physical Education, or
closely related field)*
2. Two (2) years (24 months) of experience in the promotion, design, development, and administration of recreational programs*
*Note: An advanced degree (Master's or higher) in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science, or closely related field may substitute in meeting the qualifications in number 1 and count for one year of experience in number 2 above.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree preferred.
2. Valid driver's license and/or ability to obtain valid driver's license.
3. Demonstrated experience successfully managing a fitness program.
4. Possess American Red Cross CPR/AED/First aid basic certification or equivalent.
5. Possess American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor certification or must obtain within the first year of employment.
6. Familiarity with inspecting facility for risk management or maintenance concerns and resolving problems independently prior to activity.
7. Demonstrated experience in the training and supervision of student employees and volunteers to accomplish program operations.
8. Availability to work flexible shifts, evenings and weekends depending on activities being offered.
9 Ability to communicate proficiently both verbally and in writing.
10. Familiarity with a broad range of facility and fitness equipment and the ability to maintain equipment inventory including procurement and rental operations.
11. Familiarity and comfort with RecTrac or similar software package.
12. Possess American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid instructor certification or must obtain within the first year of employment.
13. Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite 2010 or equivalent product.
14. One (1) required certification in personal training or group fitness as recognized by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Accepted Personal training certifications include: ACE, AFFA, ACSM, CI, NASM, NCCPT, NSCA. Accepted Group Fitness Certifications include: AFAA or ACE.
15. ACE Personal Training, Zumba, Aqua Zumba, Insanity, P90X, Turbo Kick, Hip Hop Hustle, Kickboxing, PiYo, Cycle, Yoga, and Yoga Fit certifications.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.