Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-12-2018
Provide direction for Marketing, Training, Business Analytics & Processes, Partnerships, and Hospitality; including supervision, program assessment, and determining priorities for each area. Guide the action plan for ensuring a culture of superior customer service and hospitality. Manage resources in a fiscally responsible manner ensuring operating budget goals are met.
Will meet regularly with both internal and external partners of the department, including managing vendor and department relationships (contract management, national organizations, campus partners, etc.).
This position is an integral part of the department's executive team which will manage change, create strategic vision, make departmental decisions, and create a diverse and inclusive work environment.
The Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality is one of 12 departments within the Division of Student Affairs. It provides the campus community and guests with high-quality, efficient, and innovative event services and dining options in a variety of settings dedicated to accentuating and enhancing the campus experience in a diverse community.
1. Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to the position (e.g., Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Communications, Hotel and/or Hospitality Management, Food Service Administration, or closely related fields).*
*Note: An advanced degree (Master's or higher) may substitute in meeting qualifications in number 1.
2. A minimum of seven years of progressive management experience; two years of which must be in an administrative level in a complex organization with the responsibility of supervising (evaluating, training, and disciplining) employees.
3. Demonstrated ability to lead multiple teams in a complex, diverse organization, and successfully provide alignment and innovation to generate measurable outcomes to multiple client and customer locations.
4. Demonstrated ability to lead change and manage talent in a complex, diverse organization including the ability to influence and negotiate.
5. Demonstrated ability to build strategic relationships and network effectively.
6. Must possess highly developed interpersonal, organizational, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
7. Must possess strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
8. Ability to work effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds while supporting a welcoming and inclusive environment.
9. Demonstrated ability at effectively utilize technology and software applications.
10. Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of business and industry knowledge and ability to utilize this knowledge in decision making.
11. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's Degree
2. Experience in a higher education setting, hotel and hospitality facility, food service institution, and/or student union, entertainment venue, conference center, or similar facility.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.