Administrative Assistant III
Administrative Assistant III
Position Number: 10061013
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 07/25/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant III on the Dahlonega Campus. The Administrative Assistant will coordinate administrative process for department heads and Center Directors within the Mike Cottrell College of Business. Responsibilities include the management of budgets, travel, hiring, personnel, and administrative workflows.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Administrative Assistant III will:
- Provide assistance primarily to department heads and Center Directors within the Mike Cottrell College of Business. Assistance may be requested by other faculty, staff, students, and the administration team.
- Maintain and track departmental/center operating budgets for all campuses. Coordinate and request purchases through the Dean's office. Track spending and prepare purchase paperwork for the department/center. Will work closely with the budget manager.
- Manage fiscal, administrative, and academic records and prepares correspondence, agendas, reports, and other documents for the Department Head and Center Director.
- Assist with the on-boarding process for new hires within the college.
- Work with the Department Head to create departmental and summer schedules and cross-check room assignments and times.
- Oversee candidate recruitment visits for departmental and center search committees.
- Facilitate the coordination of catering requests and space reservations. Review and processes travel for faculty within the department. Schedule and arrange meetings for the Center Director and Department Head. Assist in submitting work orders to plant operations, IT or other university entities for work needed within the department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have working knowledge of all office equipment, computer software, and administrative procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate on a professional level; Ability to work independent and calmly in an occasionally stressful environment; ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to take initiative in solving problems and can develop creative solutions to challenges while providing outstanding customer service.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- One (1) year of related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check and credit check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.