Position Number: 10043868
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 07/25/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Office Administrator. This position supports the broad range of academic programs and departments housed within the Department of Sociology & Human Services. It requires a high degree of confidentiality, exceptional organizational skills, sound judgment and a considerable amount of independence. The individual chosen will be expected to deliver a high level of customer service to all university, college, and departmental constituencies.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Office Administrator will:
- Support the Department Head, Coordinators, Dean, and Associate Dean, by assisting in routine and unique administrative operational tasks involving full and part-time faculty and students.
- Support Department Head and Coordinators in preliminary student advising and referral, review of student program planning sheets and graduation program plans. Provide individual program planning guidance to students as necessary.
- Select and purchase all inventory of supplies and equipment unique to the College and departments, including reconciliation of purchasing card transactions and budget tracking. Oversees all equipment needs, offices, and classrooms, and coordinates for upkeep and maintenance of the same.
- Maintain confidential administrative records and files, inclusive of full-time, part-time, and potential part-time faculty; coordinates receipt of official documentation for meeting legal requirements in the hiring of all faculty; attending all departmental meetings, taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- Serve as receptionist for students, faculty and visitors and schedules appointments, and meetings; maintains calendar of upcoming events, and send notifications/reminders to faculty of pertinent events.
- Input course schedules in the Banner system; maintain departmental database(s); perform class/course scheduling and registration in the Banner system, and provide assistance during student registration periods.
- Assist with maintaining departmental budget, including budget review, check requests, travel arrangements and completion of expense reimbursement requests.
- Obtain all required syllabi & office hours for all department faculty; Obtain all end-of-term records for all departmental faculty.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the community
- Knowledge of departmental plans of study and ability to provide guidance to students as needed
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and record keeping for a large number of programs, the ability to interpret and manipulate college budgetary statements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records of a sensitive nature.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize duties.
- Must be responsible for coverage of the reception area at all times.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required; baccalaureate degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in a work environment required
- Preferred: Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel and Word, Banner (or comparable systems), PeopleSoft financial products, ADP, and Publisher.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check and a credit check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.