Supervisor, Evaluation Faculty- Professional Communications (Assessment Solutions)
***Internal WGU Employees ONLY*** A New Kind of U. As a competency-based, student-focused, online, nonprofit university, we do things a bit differently at WGU. From the bottom up, we're designed with students in mind—particularly, the busy, working, adult student who wants to earn a bachelor's or master's degree but for whom a traditional university education simply won't do. We have a fantastic work culture, career pathing, excellent benefits, 403B retirement account with a generous company match, vacation time and sick time plus many other great benefits! If you are passionate about helping others and looking to make an impact in people’s lives, this position is for you!
The Evaluation Supervisor is a member of WGU’s faculty. The Evaluation Supervisor is a first level of management and has a solid understanding of the team’s subject-matter expertise.
Evaluation Supervisors manage the evaluation team in a manner consistent with WGU and Evaluation Department policies and procedures. The Evaluation Supervisor ensures team members craft personalized, robust feedback to support accurate scoring of student responses and in furtherance of student progress. Occasionally, the Evaluation Supervisor evaluates to meet service level agreements, observe student responses and assess evaluations of team members. Uses insights to provide guidance to other evaluation faculty members, program development, course mentoring and university leadership. Responds promptly to all concerns (4 hours goal, 24 hours max during work sessions.)
Evaluation Supervisors define and develop specific work plans and schedules to provide accurate and fair evaluations, with helpful (robust & personalized) feedback within our service level agreements to students. Evaluation Supervisors establish coverage within and between teams to meet the department’s commitment to students for a quick evaluation within 72 hours and averaging 40 hours. The Evaluation Supervisors analyzes workflow, optimizes team resources, and manage evaluation performance to meet department goals.
An Evaluation Supervisor develops functional and organizational content, practices and objectives to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. May determines calibration standards for courses, develop supporting training, and tools (such as course resource documents, team and evaluator training, I-RA activities). Applies analytical tools and data analysis to drive improvements in evaluation team performance. Appropriately protects sensitive information on evaluator performance. Works with other functions within the Evaluation Department and/or with other departments. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Evaluation Supervisors act as a coach/mentor/lead their team and the Evaluation faculty service line. Evaluation Supervisors provide critical on-boarding training, and ensure all team members comply with the Evaluation Department procedures. Evaluation Supervisors may be the primary point of contact for colleagues in other organizations especially course mentoring and program development for the courses they support.
- Understanding and appreciation of competency-based education model.
- Familiar with higher education assessment policies, issues, and practices.
- Well-developed organizational, tracking, and collaboration skills.
- Must be precise, thorough, and detailed oriented.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, discretion, and judgment.
- Proficient use of educational, technological platforms and common office software packages
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Able to spend significant time working at a computer and on the telephone.
- Travel 10% or less of the year
- Minimum earned Master's degree with a focus in English
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- 2-3 years leadership preferred (online setting is a plus)
- Six months of WGU performance evaluation experience is preferred
WORK FROM HOME, United States