San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Job Number: 2018450
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1) Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with a wide range of sponsors, agencies, faculty and staff.
2) Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, web browsers, and data bases.
3) Ability to effectively interact with office personnel and faculty to meet deadlines & prioritize workload.
4) Demonstrated project coordination and project management experience.
5) Attention to detail.
6) Demonstrated by prior work experience: sound fiscal & time management skills; ability to work in a team environment.
1) Bachelor's degree.
2) Experience in government & private contracts and grants administration in either a university or non-profit setting.
3) Working knowledge of OMB Circulars A-21 and A110 and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
4) Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
5) Experience with preparation and review of budgets and proposals for grants & contracts in a financial, grant management, and enterprise resource system.
6) Certified Research Administrator status.
7) Experience with Texas State research programs to include SAP, Kuali.
This position is located on the Round Rock campus.
The Research Coordinator will assist in proposal development of external & internal grants, and identify key funding opportunities that match targeted areas for development in the college. Will be responsible for duties associated with proposal review & approval; post-award duties, and serve as information and problem-solving resource. Will be encouraged to pursue and obtain Certified Research Administrator training program.
*Required to submit letter of application addressing specifically how you meet required and preferred qualifications.
*Review & circulate program announcements or solicitations for new funding opportunities to faculty and research staff.
*Coordinate funding source searches for faculty & research staff.
*Design, conduct and participate in grant development workshops for faculty, research staff, and graduate students.
*Create and manage electronic record of proposals in proposal management system.
*Understand budgetary guidelines and apply them during budget preparation and review process.
*Understand and apply university policies and sponsor guidelines to protect the university, faculty and research staff from liability and to minimize risk.
*Prepare all documents for award and account set-up accurately.
*Understand the reporting requirements of each sponsor and establish a schedule for submission.
*Provide accurate advice, information and suggestions for both financial and administrative issues.
*Will be member of certain campus administrative advisory groups & committees.
Additional Information to Applicants
This position will be located on the Round Rock campus.
Applicants called for an interview should be prepared to bring a certified transcript.
Posting NoticesYOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. , YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans' status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you'll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
For full application instructions and position description, please visit the Texas State Job Board