Assistant Professor - Clinical Mental Health Counseling or Counselor Education
Fort Valley State University invites applications for a position as a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor in Clinical Mental Health Counseling or Counselor Education in the Department of Behavioral Sciences within the College of Arts and Sciences. The successful candidate for this position will teach courses in the area of clinical mental health counseling or counselor education, and other behavioral science courses as needed, engage in scholarly activity, and offer service to the department, college, university, and community.
- Teach full load in discipline and or related fields, both on ground and online
- Provide academic advising to students
- Mentor traditional undergraduate students with interest in Clinical Mental Health Counseling or Counselor Education
- Supervise/conduct related research
- Engage in professional development activities
- Participate in and support service-related activities at the departmental, college, institutional, and community level
- Serve on committees as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Ability to meet Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Experience with learning management systems
- Record of publications in peer reviewed journals
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Related industry/business experience
- Strong understanding of learning and motivation
- Demonstrated skills in the assessment, advising and mentoring of learners
- Proven ability to deal effectively with individual differences in ability, personality, and interests
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related teaching duties. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university employees, and students.
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects. The work is typically performed in an office or classroom.
- Doctorate in Mental Health Counseling or related field from an accredited institution
- 1 year teaching experience at the university level
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://www.applicantpro.com/j/839223-163871