LEARNING INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST I
LEARNING INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST I
Posting Number: SRGV3504
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Department: College Access Outreach Programs
Scope of Job:
To develop and instruct classes in a variety of training and educational programs. Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing instructional programs in vocational, professional, or technical topics and presents specialized training sessions.
Description of Duties:
• Provides instruction and tutoring to students on an individual or group basis in areas related to areas such as reading, writing, mathematics, English as a second language, study skills, and English. Other areas of content may be incorporated as needed.
• Maintains and submits a variety of records and reports including student attendance, lesson plans, daily activities, student progress, and workshop and meeting participation.
• Develops curricula, course outlines, instructional methods, training aids, manuals and other materials.
• Formulates learning objectives, plans, and develops methods for assessment and evaluation of trainings.
• Participates in outreach activities including activities such as classroom assistance team, presentation team, follow-ups, and exercise handouts.
• Facilitates program activities, to include classes, trainings, conferences, seminars, and/or other special projects.
• Serves as student liaison and advocate with faculty and staff.
• Provides appropriate classroom environment through the use of presentation and classroom appearance.
• Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
• Supervises learning activities and maintains classroom discipline.
• Evaluates students learning concurrent with instruction; determines deficiencies through assessment scores and testing and submits recommendations and opinions according to evaluations.
• May respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise staff as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
One (1) year of related experience.
One (1) year of experience implementing Adult Education or K-12 pedagogy.
Use of standard office equipment. Multimedia projector, audio/visual equipment, duplicating equipment and diverse computer software.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office and classroom environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Knowledge of the Texas Standardized Curriculum Framework for Adult Secondary Education. Strong organization skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to create accurate memos, user documents, reports, and maintain training records. Ability to interact effectively with diverse faculty and staff populations. Must display excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, verbal, writing and public speaking skills.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 07/11/2018
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 06/30/2022
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/18593